I'm Joseph

Share your story
joseph

I'm Joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:47 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Joseph and I have already met many of you in person but for those who I have not I would be happy to introduce myself.

I have had Depersonalization since I was 16 and I am 28 now (Chronic) . Whether I have it now, I would say not really but some symptoms remain such as the bad memory as well as the poor perception of time. I would say the condition was active for 9-10 with a peak of 5 years and went away with intense cognitive conditioning and intense adrenaline filled exercise during my 6-10 last years of having the condition.

The trigger for my depersonalization was synthetic marijuana and the predisposition was being raised by a single narcissistic parent to where the pent up abuse built until it was released in a form of a panic attack after consumption of the synthetic cannabinoids.

Lots of things have helped me during my time under the condition but I would say what was essential was positive thinking, constant gratitude and a high activity level to flood your brain and body with endorphins and happy chemicals.

Recovery is possible for all but I believe we with depersonalization get trapped in paradoxical thinking loops where we cut ourselves short of recovery. Every case is different of course with everyone experiencing unique upbringings and experiences and with each one you as an individual need to dig deep and uncover what is keeping you in this state.

I have created this forum along with Jeff Abugel in the hopes that we may create a community rich in positive thinkers who are dedicated to conquering their fears and seek recovery. This is a safe place where you may report your experience and relate to those of similar ones however our mission is to find solution rather than submit to the loop of despair which we know depersonalization to be.

I encourage everyone to participate and I look forward to growing these boards along with each one of you as we further develop the depersonalization community and awareness on a national and international level.

Sarah

Re: I'm Joseph

Post by Sarah » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:39 pm

Joseph,
I am so glad that I have found someone to relate to! This depersonalization and derealization has been affecting me for about a year. Right now, I'm `4 years old and in my first year of high school, and I feel like things aren't real.

joseph

Re: I'm Joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:01 pm

Sarah wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:39 pm
Joseph,
I am so glad that I have found someone to relate to! This depersonalization and derealization has been affecting me for about a year. Right now, I'm `4 years old and in my first year of high school, and I feel like things aren't real.
Hi Sarah,

Welcome and thank you for joining us. Depersonalizatiaon is a tricky disorder but with persistence you will find yourself feeling better.
Can you tell me a little more about how you started to feel Depersonalized?